The LYNX Technik yellobrik (model: OBD 1410) reduces the cost of transmitting and receiving uncompressed 12G SDI video signals in real-time and over fiber between equipment in a broadcast / AV facility or even over long distances – up to 10 km (6.2 miles). By using a single and bi-directional fiber link for transmitting and receiving video signals simultaneously, facilities can use this module to eliminate the challenge of expensive dual-fiber cabling costs. The OBD 1410 also saves space by reducing the number of fiber optical transceivers required for signal transmission.
The yellobrik OBD 1410 re-clocks any SDI signal up to 12G and the two fiber input channels are independent of each other, therefore allowing different standards, rates and formats to be carried on each channel – all over a single fiber link. All SDI formats are automatically detected during transmitting and receiving; therefore, no user settings are required, ensuring a plug-and-play toolset.
Sold as a pair (Type A and Type B), the OBD 1410 is the ideal fiber transceiver for a WDM closed-loop application using 1270 mm and 1330 mm wavelengths.
The compact and space-saving OBD 1410 modules can be used as standalone devices, individually mounted, or used with the 19” yellobrik rack trays to build a more extensive 12G transport solution.
- Supports SDI video up to 12Gbit/s (2160p60)
- 3Gbit Level A and Level B support (all formats)
- Auto reclocking 1.5Gbit / 3Gbit / 6Gbit / 12Gbit
- Bidirectional – send and receive on single fiber
- Error free optical connections
- Up to 10km (6.2 miles) @ 12Gbit/s
- Simplex LC/PC singlemode fiber connection
- Supports hot swapping and hot plugging