BRIC-Link II is a low-cost, high-performance solution for audio-to-IP conversion. Like its predecessor, the BRIC-Link, BRIC-Link II provides an elegant way of moving linear or compressed audio with very low delay. BRIC-Link II is simple to use, and can be deployed over a wide range of IP links. While it carries an entry level cost, BRIC-Link II maintains superb audio specifications and hardware reliability, making the system perfect for STLs and other mission critical applications.
Transmission Modes and Delay
BRIC-Link II is a true codec, offering a full-duplex stereo encoder and decoder in each box. The BRIC technology incorporated includes a jitter buffer manager that automatically balances delay and stability, dynamically increasing and decreasing delay based on network performance. End to end coding delay in linear modes is less than 25mS and FLAC modes are less than 30mS.
For users concerned about delay and coding artifacts, BRIC-Link II offers a robust stereo or mono linear mode that does not compress audio. BRIC-Link II is also the only real-time audio codec to offer FLAC lossless compression. Additionally, BRIC-Link II offers AAC/HE-AAC modes as standard, along with Opus, and VoIP standards G.722 and G.711.
BRIC-Link II acts as a web interface, allowing the user to access all controls through an intuitive web interface. The page displays connection status, extensive network diagnostics, and audio level meters for remote monitoring. From any location, users are able to configure profiles for various connections with point-and-click connection commands.
Streaming Server Mode
BRIC-Link II can function as a streaming server, delivering multiple streams to computer based media players that support HE-AAC – up to 40 streams over a T1 Internet connection at once. BRIC-Link II also offers the ability to act as a source feed for both SHOUTcast and Icecast servers – with a single BRIC-Link II, you can expand your radio presence to the Internet without the need for a dedicated PC.
- Balanced stereo XLR line-level audio input (0dBu)
- Balanced stereo XLR line-level audio output (0dBu)
- AES3 XLR Digital audio input (through left XLR input when switched)
- AES3 XLR Digital audio output (through left XLR output when switched)
- Headphone jack
- Ethernet port (1000baseT)
- Contact closures (9-pin mini DIN)
- Serial port (8-pin mini DIN)
- Power (4 pin connector for external 24VDC supply)
- Balanced audio input level: 0 dBu
- Balanced audio output level: 0 dBu
- Full scale is 20 dB above nominal
- L& R tri color LEDs display audio level
Power and Physical
- External supply (24VDC 20 Watts)
- Size (8.5” W x 6.25” D x 1.75” H; 21.59 cm W x 15.88 cm H x 4.45 cm H)
- Weight (2.16 lbs; 0.98 kg)
Card slot & USB port (for future use)Learn more