The Cobalt® 9992-DEC AVC/MPEG-2 Software Defined Broadcast Decoder is a broadcast-grade multi-standard decoder designed to meet the most stringent requirements for today’s broadcasters. It supports MPEG-2 and AVC (H.264), with resolution optionally up to 4K, as well as offering a full complement of audio decoding capabilities. The 9992-DEC is an industry standard openGear® card module and provides an ideal platform for transitioning to state-of-the-art decoding capabilities.
The 9992-DEC is HEVC and 4K upgradeable (in addition to other upgrades) using a flexible firmware-based licensing structure that allows managing CAPEX while allowing for future growth as needs change.
Future-Proof — The 9992-DEC Decoder supports MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and (optionally) HEVC (H.265), so it can be deployed today and upgraded as your needs change.
Industry Standard Form-Factor — The 9992-DEC is offered in the industry-standard openGear format, and is compatible with existing deployed openGear frames.
High Density — The 9992-DEC supports a 1080p60 input stream (two independent streams with +AVC option), or (optionally) a single UHD 4Kp60 input stream. One openGear frame can support up to 10 cards, for a total of 20 HD or 10 UHD 4K channels.
Full Audio Support — The 9992-DEC supports MPEG-1 Layer II, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, Dolby AC-3/EAC-3 and LPCM (SMPTE-302M), as well as Dolby AC-3/EAC-3 pass-thru. With an optional audio board, the decoder can support up to 16 audio channels with each video service.
Ultra Low Latency — Low latency modes available
- Support for one decode channel up to 1080p60
- Support for MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)
- Support for 4:2:0 8-bit/10-bit decoding
- Full ancillary data support
- Support for 2 stereo pairs (4 audio channels) in any combination of MPEG-1 Layer II, AAC-LC, and HE-AAC (v1/v2) modes
- Supports UDP and RTP. Other protocols available as options.
- Remote control/monitoring via Dashboard™ software
- Supports all popular formats: 480i, 576i, 720p, 1080i, 1080pSF, 1080p
- Five year warranty