The HDCE-TX50 IP camera extension adaptor reduces the cost and complexity of remote production, simplifying connection and dual transmission capability for Sony HDC-5500/5000, HDC 3500/3100, and HDC-2500/2400/1700 series system cameras to an SMPTE ST 2110 IP network.
Easily carried in a flight case, the compact 1/3 rack width adaptor connects directly to a camera head in the field. Compliant with the SMPTE ST 2110 family of open standards, the HDCE-TX50 transmits signals from the camera head over IP networks to the Camera Control Unit (CCU) sited at a remote production center.
Support for leading IP intercom vendors including RTS, Clear-Com, and Riedel allows producers and directors to communicate in real time with camera operators at a remote venue.
The HDCE-TX50 also simplifies centralized allocation of equipment between multiple studios, control rooms, and machine rooms, allowing camera signals to be routed instantly over IP to another part of the facility without needing to reconnect fiber cables.
- Cost-effective IP upgrade
The HDCE-TX50 IP camera extension adaptor allows broadcasters, OB providers, and live production specialists to upgrade to the benefits of IP Live production without needing to replace their current HDC camera investments.
- Efficient resource sharing
- The HDCE-TX50 allows faster, more cost-effective use of shared production resource across multiple studios and locations. While conventional SDI infrastructures tie one camera to a single CCU by fiber cable, the HDCE-TX50 allows flexible reconfiguration of cameras, CCUs, and other live equipment over IP without time-consuming reconnection of cables. This reduces the quantity of live equipment needing to be kept at each site, allowing resources to be shared efficiently.
- Power supply to camera and interfaces
- The HDCE-TX50 provides power to the camera head and system interfaces including IP Tally and IP Intercom.
- 4K upgrade option (DIRECT MODE)
- 4K IP output is available with only HZC-UHD50 in HDC-5500/5000 for UHB transmission mode connection. In case of HB transmission mode with HDC-3500/3100, 4K IP output is available via an optional software license HZCE-UHD30 in HDCE-TX50. The HDCE-TX50 also provides a pathway for IP operation with HDC-5500/5000, HDC 3500/3100, and HDC-2500 series optical fiber studio cameras.
- Up to HD 6x High Frame Rate IP capability (DIRECT MODE)
- HD 6x (4x, 3x, 2x) High Frame Rate IP output is available with HDC-5500/5000 optical fiber studio camera with optional HZC-HFR50 HD High Frame Rate software license. HZC-QFR50 also available with HDC-3500/5500/5000 for High Frame Rate up to 4x (3x, 2x).
- MENU setting from web browser
- The IP HDCE supports menu control from a web browser. The status monitoring of multiple IP HDCEs and CCUs, setting file import/export, and remote firmware updates enhance the efficiency and convenience of the operation.