When it comes to live sports streaming, viewers expect a high-quality experience that mimics or beats broadcast TV. From the front-end app and UI to the backend video quality being delivered, users expect a flawless experience from start to finish.
This session from NAB Show’s Streaming Summit discusses what viewer expectations are today when they stream live sporting events and what the industry needs to prepare for in the future.
The panelists discuss some of the challenges in delivering high-quality video at scale, how to improve upon user personalization, the impact of low/ultra-low latency streaming, 4K versus 1080p HDR and what content owners and broadcasters are doing to improve engagement in the live sports streaming market.
- (Moderator) Mark Donnigan, Principal, d-launch
- David Gonzalez – Media Platform Lead, LaLiga Tech
- Jean Macher, – Senior SaaS Solutions Director, Harmonic
- Steven “Claw” Jalicy – Director, Streaming & Broadcast Distribution, ESL FACEIT GROUP
- Jon Alexander – VP, Product Management, Akamai
- Serhad Doken – CTO, Adeia