Updated and Effective as of August 28, 2020.
You are invited to come as you are and engage with content in a way that’s meaningful and applicable to your own personal perspective. The National Association of Broadcasters (“NAB”) is committed to creating events that are welcoming, diverse, inclusive and safe.
All staff, sponsors, volunteers, vendors, NAB event agents, speakers, attendees, exhibitors, media, and all other participants at NAB events (“NAB Event Participants”), whether appearing virtually or in person, must abide by the following Code of Conduct:
- Be considerate, respectful,, and adhere to all governing laws and regulations as well as event rules and policies.
- Alert event organizers if you notice any behavior that violates this Code of Conduct by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions.
- Harmful, harassing, or discriminatory verbal or written comments or visual images related to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other classification protected by law.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Real or implied threat of unlawful professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of meetings or events.
- Photographing or video or audio recording of slides or oral poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission.
- Violating NAB’s rules and regulations relating to online platforms including those of NAB’s third-party vendors.
NAB Event Management expects all NAB Event Participants to abide by this Code of Conduct at all conference venues, digital platforms and conference-related social events. If an NAB Event Participant engages in any prohibited or otherwise unacceptable behavior, NAB Event Management, in its sole discretion, may take any action they deem appropriate, including removing the violator from the event or revoking access from the digital platform without warning and contacting the authorities as necessary. NAB Event Participants who are removed from the NAB event pursuant to this provision will not receive a refund of their admission/subscription fee.
Together, we can ensure NAB Events/Platforms are safe and welcoming experiences.
This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to NAB Show’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves. NAB further reserves the right to modify this Code of Conduct at any time and in its sole discretion.