Quantum 5: Own the stage
The iconic SD5 paved the way to greatness with its immense power. The Quantum 7 showed you the supremacy to tackle any challenge, now the Quantum 5 is ready to take over.
Following on from the huge success of DiGiCo’s flagship Quantum 7, the Quantum 5 engine slots neatly into the existing SD5 frame. With its 37 faders and three 15-inch full colour TFT touchscreens, it provides Quantum processing features, power and connectivity in both new and existing hardware.
The Quantum 5 really does teach an old dog new tricks!
Quantum – The Power of Three
Continuing the legacy of previous Quantum consoles, the Quantum 5 brings you the extraordinary might of three large-scale FPGAs working in unison.
Developed with seventh generation FPGA devices that further expand audio processing power and allows DiGiCo to provide its users with unrivalled flexibility.
Inside the Quantum engine, up to 2,000 channels can be transported across 458 processing paths at 96kHz. New GTX ports run at 6.6GHz while simple two wire connections ensure the fastest possible data speeds to reach a new pinnacle in mixing capability. Fully scalable and designed to communicate seamlessly with the next generation of FPGAs, the Quantum engine is a uniquely formidable platform for an ambitious industry.
Under The Hood
Unlike the SD5, the Quantum 5 has over 450 processing paths at 96kHz. This includes 288 processing channels configurable as up to 256 input channels and up to 128 busses, plus a 36 x 36 matrix. The engine is also equipped with four redundant, or eight individual, MADI ports and two DMI slots (DiGiCo Multi-Channel Interface) for AoIP and other connectivity options from the complete family of DMI card options, plus a built-in Waves port and up to two Optocore loops.
Quantum 5 hosts the world’s most flexible and feature-rich mixing experience right at your very fingertips. Across both inputs and outputs includes Channel Delay, DiGiTube, Single and Multi-Channel Presets, Dual insert points, Hi- and Lo-pass filters at 24dB/octave, four-band parametric EQ (eight on outputs) with band curve selection and Dynamic EQ on each band, DiGiCo’s DYN 1 (Compressor, De-esser or Multiband Compressor) and DYN 2 (Gate, Compressor or Ducker).
Just like our other Quantum consoles, the Quantum 5 includes the legendary Mustard Processing. A fully integrated suite of additional processing that can be assigned to any strip to boost your mix with a range of modelled preamps, vintage dynamics units and EQ sections, all only a touch away.
In addition, 128 busses are assignable as mono/stereo groups or auxiliaries, while a 36×36 output matrix, dual solo busses with True Solo, and a LR/LCR/5.1 Master buss is available for even deeper configurability.
Last but not least, with the inclusion of the now highly regarded Nodal Processing which allows monitor engineers unrivalled creativity on their IEM mixes, and of course True Solo to allow them to hear exactly as their artist does.
Quantum 5 Features
- Nodal Processing which allows monitor engineers unrivalled creativity on their IEM mixes.
- True Solo to allow them to hear exactly as their artist does. These are combined with the multiple flavours of 48 channels of Mustard processing and 12 Spice Rack processing slots, including Chilli 6.
- Mustard processing which provides a choice of two pre-amp modellers, a four-band EQ (including all-pass filters), four different boutique style compressor models and a gate/ducker. Quantum 5 is equipped with 48 mono Mustard processing strips which can be used on any channel type.
- The Spice Rack, meanwhile, supports plugin style native FPGA processing options, allowing you to build a rack of up to twelve insertable processors. The first of these is the Chilli 6 – a six-band multi-band compressor which allows full control of all parameters, including DiGiCo’s unique, patented, release shape control, which means Chilli 6 is perfect for shaping vocals and instruments as well as focusing on problem frequencies.
Local I/O: Quantum 5’s local I/O includes 8 analogue inputs, 8 analogue outputs and 8 AES I/O (mono)
Optocore: The amount of connectivity is very special. Quantum5 comes as standard with one Optocore fibre loop, which is 504 channels of audio; there can be up to 14 DiGiCo racks, or a combination of racks and tie-lines around the loop; and there is an option to upgrade to dual loop, which allows for 1,008 Optocore channels of audio and 28 racks running.
UBMADI: In addition, the engine has a 48-channel UBMADI, so you can connect any laptop via USB and get 48 channels of recording and playback.
DMI: We have also incorporated two dedicated DMI slots to accommodate the growing family of DiGiCo DMI card options. Allowing the console connectivity to be configured for the demand of the tour or event, so you could plug in a Dante module, or the latest automatic mic mixing module. Each dedicated DMI slot provides you with an additional 64 x 64 I/O.
Waves: There is also Waves connectivity if you want to utilise SoundGrid processing, giving you a 64 x 64 additional I/O.
- 256 Inout Channels
- 128 Aux / Sub Group Busses
- LR/LCR/5.1 Master Buss
- 36 x 36 Full Processing Matrix
- 458 Dynamic Equalizers
- 48/96 kHz Sample Rate