Pronology mRes™ is a cutting-edge standalone, multi-resolution encoder with a unique uncompressed recording architecture that seamlessly records three tiers of uncompressed video per SDI input channel prior to wrapping: a high-resolution media file, an edit proxy and a live web-streamable proxy. The mRes encoder ensures that every “bit” of your acquired video content will never lose its original quality or metadata—ever: mRes makes a full uncompressed copy locally to the recording server and writes all compressed files to any external storage you choose.
Why It Works
We know the requirements: the post department wants one codec, the promo group wants another, and the online team wants something small and fast for publishing. mRes creates them all in real time—or faster—for simultaneous delivery to everyone in your pipeline. And because mRes recording is always on, you can recover footage at any time, even after the fact: just type in timecode from the past and create new clips from the uncompressed master. With a simple, easily configurable interface that is ready to go in minutes, mRes was uniquely developed to handle some of the most demanding workflows in today’s fast-paced, tapeless production environments.
- No loss of quality, content or metadata, ever: mRes makes a full uncompressed copy locally to the recording server and writes all compressed files to any external storage you choose
- Ingest multiple formats and frame rates to various storage targets simultaneously
- Record multiple codecs — including uncompressed, AVC-intra and various flavors of DNxHD and ProRes — simultaneously in real time
- Use timecode to create new clips from the uncompressed master
- Supports frame rates of 23.98fps to 60fps and up to 4K resolutions
- Compatible with Avid Media Composer®, Adobe® Premiere® Pro CC and Apple Final Cut Pro®
- Easy-to-use interface that’s scalable from one channel to many
- Never miss a recording: recording is always on and clips are instantly retrievable through timecode
- Configurable in ten minutes or less
- Simultaneously supports multiple video codecs with real time or faster compression
- 100% resilient to media storage and network inconsistencies