Gateway 4 IP Codec
Introducing the New Generation 4 Channel Codec
The Gateway 4 is a powerful DSP-based 1RU IP codec designed for live remote broadcasting applications, as well as STL or SSL links. The Gateway 4 enables transport of multiple channels of mono or stereo audio across the Public Internet or any QoS-enabled IP network, including T1 and T3 connections and private WANs with MPLS. The Gateway includes native support for AES67, ST 2110-30, ST 2022-7, RAVENNA, Livewire+, NMOS, Ember+, as well as AES3 and analog I/O as standard. An optional WheatNet-IP card can also be purchased.
The new generation Gateway 4 delivers best-in-class DSP-based reliability and performance for mission critical broadcast streaming applications. It is ideal for:
- Remote broadcast applications.
- Studio-to-Transmitter Links (STLs)
- Studio-to-Studio Links (SSLs)
The Gateway 4 is designed for solutions requiring up to 4 audio streaming channels with advanced redundancy features and remote configuration and control. It supports 4 full-duplex audio channels* in 1RU and is backward compatible with all Tieline IP codecs. The Gateway 4 provides two stereo connections, or one stereo and two mono connections, or up to 4 mono connections.
For larger networks the Gateway 4 is ideal for transmitter sites, remote trucks or rack-mounted remote kits. For affiliates and smaller stations, it can be used to transport studio-to-studio links, or a stereo studio-to-transmitter link signal plus another stereo connection, or other mono connections for remotes. The Gateway 4 also supports multiple unicasting to up to 20 endpoints and multicasting.
Multiple Layers of Redundancy
The Gateway 4 seamlessly integrates with all Tieline IP codecs and delivers hitless packet switching using SmartStream PLUS redundant streaming. A primary and 3 redundant streams can be configured for each connection, delivering multiple layers of IP network redundancy.
The codec also supports bandwidth aggregation using Fuse-IP technologies over internet connections. It features dual internal power supplies, dual LAN ports and dual AoIP ports. Automated network failure detection provides automatic switching to a backup IP LAN connection or fail over to an ISDN connection using an optional ISDN module. Automatic silence detection can failover to alternative audio sources, including file playback.
Interoperability and Remote Control
The codec is also fully AES67, ST 2110-30 and ST 2022-7 compliant for AoIP streaming. Maintain connectivity and interoperability with legacy ISDN networks as required and integrate with IP audio streams simultaneously. It is interoperable with all Tieline IP codecs and compatible over SIP with all EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326, 3347 and 3368 compliant codecs and devices like those from Comrex, Telos, and many more.
The Gateway 4 is configurable through an embedded HTML5 Toolbox Web-GUI interface and is also fully controllable using Tieline’s Cloud Codec Controller. Visit http://www.tieline.com/gateway-4 for more information.
- Up to 4 bidirectional mono or 2 bidirectional stereo IP streams
- Bidirectional stereo plus dual mono IP streams
- 8 assignable GPIOs, plus SLIOs (Tieline and WheatNet-IP)
- Ideal for contribution/remotes, STL, and SSL applications
- Stream IP audio over WANs using dual Ethernet ports
- Fully AES67, ST 2110-30 and ST 2022-7 compliant for AoIP streaming
- Natively supports RAVENNA and Livewire+ AoIP protocols
- WheatNet-IP interface option available
- Supports multicasting and multi-unicasting to 20 endpoints
- 4 channel phase-locked streaming mode available
- Dual DSP based platform with dual internal power supplies, dual Ethernet ports, dual AoIP ports, and dual USB ports for firmware upgrades, memory, or Wi-Fi modems
- Supports uncompressed audio or a huge range of encoding options
- USB 2.0 port support firmware upgrades, Wi-Fi modems and USB memory sticks. USB 3.0 will support record and playback 
- SD card slot for firmware upgrades, memory and SDIO  options
- Fully SIP EBU N/ACIP 3326, 3368 and 3347 compliant to operate with 3rd party codecs
- Module slot for optional ISDN module, future technologies, and hardware upgrades
- Fully remote control using the Toolbox HTML5 Web-GUI, or the Cloud Codec Controller, plus SNMP support
- Connect simply using the TieLink Traversal Server
-  Future Release