The Cobalt® 9992-ENC HEVC Upgradeable AVC / MPEG2 Software Defined Broadcast Encoder is an upgradeable broadcast-grade encoder designed to meet the most stringent requirements for today’s broadcasters. Software-defined upgradeable to add multiple channels (up to four), the highly flexible 9992-ENC is also upgradeable to add HEVC video encoding technology that provides a dramatic compression efficiency improvement over previous video compression standards, while also supporting existing MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC. The 9992-ENC is an industry standard openGear® card and provide an ideal platform for transitioning to state-of-the-art encoding capabilities.
Future-Proof — The 9992-ENC software-defined architecture supports MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and HEVC (H.265) with an optional license, so it can be deployed today and upgraded as your needs change.
Industry Standard Form-Factor — The 9992-ENC is offered in the industry-standard openGear format, and is compatible with existing deployed openGear frames.
High Density — The 9992-ENC can be licensed to support up to four independent 1080p60 input signals, or a single UHD 4Kp60 input signal. One openGear frame can support up to 10 cards, for a total of 40 HD or 10 UHD 4K channels.
Full Audio Support — The 9992-ENC supports MPEG-1 Layer II, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, LPCM (SMPTE-302M) and Dolby AC-3/EAC-3 (optional license). Flexible “credits-based” audio processing allows flexible audio resource allocation.
- Support for one encode channel up to 1080p60
- Support for MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)
- Support for 4:2:0 8-bit/10-bit encoding
- Full ancillary data support
- Support for 2 stereo pairs (4 audio channels) in any combination of MPEG-1 Layer II, AAC-LC, and HE-AAC (v1/v2) modes
- All network protocols (RIST and SMPTE-2022 FEC available with corresponding Options)
- Remote control/monitoring via Dashboard™ software
- Supports all popular formats: 480i, 576i, 720p, 1080i, 1080pSF, 1080p
- Five year warranty