3G/HD/SD-SDI Dual Test Signal Generator with Moving Box Active Signal Indication and Bi-Level/Tri-Level Sync Out
The Cobalt® 9960-TG2-REF1 3G/HD/SD-SDI Dual Test Signal Generator with Moving Box Active Signal Indication and Bi-Level/Tri-Level Sync Out offers an easy to use, economical solution to providing comprehensive test signal packages to ensure validity of downstream baseband SDI systems. The 9960-TG2-REF1 is an unprecedented first in the high-density openGear® based card form factor. Two independent generator blocks can be set to offer dual test packages which can be simultaneously outputted or selectively fed to a single downstream path via a 2×4 output crosspoint.
The SCTE 104 insertion function provides generation and insertion of SCTE 104 messages into baseband SDI. Message send can be triggered from automation GPI or other event action modes. The function can also execute card actions based on SCTE 104 messages received by the card, as well as send triggered SCTE 104 packets to other downstream systems.
The 9960-TG2-REF1 also provides AES and analog audio test tones (both using 24-bit data). A moving-box insertion can be enabled to serve as a dynamic raster confidence check. The 9960-TG2-REF1 can use either of two frame references to provide an output that’s synchronous with house ref, or use its internal ref timing to generate its own ref. An analog video output offers SD black burst or HD tri-level reference output.
Preset save/load allows saving custom card settings while allowing one-button revert to factory settings. Layered presets allow invoking changes related only to a specific area of concern while not changing any other settings or aspects. Full user DashBoard™ or Remote Control Panel remote control allows full status and control access locally or across a standard Ethernet network. GPIO allows direct input routing control and status monitoring.
- Comprehensive test signal generation for SDI/analog video and baseband discrete audio in an easily integrated openGear® card
- Easy to use, intuitive, flexible, and far more economical than typical bench equipment
- Fully-independent dual generator blocks offer simultaneous output of user-configured test packages, or instant user selection between generators via output crosspoint
- Moving-box/motion insertion enable serves as an easy to use dynamic raster confidence check
- Closed-captioning CEA 608 generator allows user test packages of VBI closed captioning for testing downstream systems
- SCTE 104 insertion available using ancillary data, GPI, SNMP, or JSON via HTTP POST / WebSocket, with full control of splice start, end, and cancel as well as pre-roll and break duration offsets
- SDI import allows insertion of user static raster/patterns as an alternative addition to standard test pattern outputs
- Full suite of output interfaces – SDI, CVBS, AES and analog audio
- Convenience RS-485 LTC output works with legacy systems and checks bi-phase LTC/SMPTE 12M correlation in mixed systems
- Low-power/high-density design – less than 18 Watts per card
- Remote control/monitoring via Dashboard™ software or OGCP-9000 remote control panels
- Five year warranty