- NAB Show is now accepting entries for the Excellence in Sustainability Awards, recognizing outstanding innovations in media technology that promote the conservation and reusability of natural resources and foster economic and social development.
- Excellence in Sustainability Awards categories include the Sustainability Champion Award, the Sustainability Leadership Award, and the Sustainability Product or Service Award.
- Winners of the NAB Show Excellence in Sustainability Awards will be recognized during a Main Stage ceremony at NAB Show on April 16, 2023, in Las Vegas.
NAB Show is now accepting entries for the Excellence in Sustainability Awards. The awards recognize outstanding innovations in media technology that promote the conservation and reusability of natural resources and foster economic and social development.
“Sustainability efforts not only benefit the planet and society but also make good business sense,” said Chris Brown, executive vice president of Global Connections and Events at the National Association of Broadcasters.
“In addition to providing global recognition for sustainability leaders within our industry, NAB Show is committed to working with our vendors and partners on progressive approaches that inspire the NAB Show community to take collective action in this area.”
Excellence in Sustainability Awards categories include:
- The Sustainability Champion Award — Honoring individuals who demonstrate a passion in influencing their team or organization to achieve a more sustainable pathway.
- The Sustainability Leadership Award — Honoring organizations that have launched or completed sustainability initiatives.
- The Sustainability Product or Service Award — Honoring products or services that significantly improve sustainability or provide sustainable market alternatives that addresses a critical environmental challenge. Products/Services must be available in 2023.
Nominations close April 3.
An independent panel of sustainability experts will judge submissions and select winners in each category for small, medium, and large businesses and non-profit organizations.
Winners of the NAB Show Excellence in Sustainability Awards will be recognized during a Main Stage ceremony at NAB Show on April 16, 2023 in Las Vegas.
The program, announced in December, is supported by Amazon Web Services (AWS), a leading cloud provider and a leader in the media technology sector.
“We are honored to support this award and the important work our industry is doing to become more sustainable,” said Marc Aldrich, general manager of Media & Entertainment at AWS. “The media and entertainment community is continuously finding new ways to reduce our carbon footprint, from cutting back on the number of production vans for broadcasts, to flights needed, to energy output from facilities. AWS is proud to do our part in supporting these efforts through our customers and partners by running our business in an environmentally friendly way.”
The Excellence in Sustainability Awards are managed by Barbara Lange, CEO of Kibo121, a consultancy firm that guides media technology organizations on their path to sustainability.
For more information and to submit a nomination, click here.
Media & Entertainment has a big environmental impact — think carbon emissions, waste and energy use. The video entertainment industry’s carbon footprint has surpassed even that of the airline industry, prompting technology developers and other companies to step up with innovative approaches and practices. Explore handpicked articles from NAB Amplify to discover why sustainability is the number one priority for M&E, along with the latest trends in creating a greener future:
- How Do We Achieve Sustainability in Streaming?
- Yes, Video Is Terrible For the Planet… But We Can Change That
- Here’s Why (and How) Terrestrial TV Distribution Is “Greener” Than IP-Delivered Content
- How to Grow Sustainability in Media and Entertainment
- Why Live Production Has to Up Its Sustainability Game