Yang Cai, president and CEO of VisualOn, reveals what technologies VisualOn will be showing in its booth at 2022 NAB Show New York, which takes place at the Javits Convention Center October 19–20. VisualOn will be showcasing its latest streaming video solutions in Booth 1616 at the show.
What products or product categories will VisualOn be highlighting at NAB Show New York this month?
Yang Cai: We’ll be focusing on two products: VisualOn Optimizer and Remote Lab.
VisualOn Optimizer: While video quality is increasing with the adoption of high-resolution, high-framerate video such as HD, UHD and AR/VR, the volume of video data is also growing, and the cost of bandwidth, CDN transfers and storage associated with video consumption is increasing every year. In addition, viewers may not be able to enjoy the highest quality if their available download bandwidth does not match the highest profiles. Video streaming can be extremely bandwidth-intensive and how to save the bandwidth cost is a major topic. VisualOn Optimizer offers a server-side software solution to optimize the bitrate of Live and VOD video content, without reducing video quality. In performance tests, the solution enabled more than 30% bitrate reduction on average while maintaining the quality of H.265/HEVC and H.264/AVC media for video delivery. VisualOn Optimizer efficiently analyzes the content and to determine the best transcoder settings for achieving the target quality. VisualOn Optimizer can be integrated with existing delivery systems in a matter of days without the need to change transcoders or delivery workflows
Remote Lab: Deploying and maintaining high-quality video services can be frustrating and cumbersome. It requires significant testing and troubleshooting to discover what is causing playback issues before you can even start to debug and qualify devices and streams. Remote Lab project is a platform designed for remote teams to easily access physical devices. It is optimized for audio, video and multimedia applications. Within an ultra-low latency environment, Remote Lab resolves the pain points of managing disparate devices, teams, and content. Streaming service providers can ensure a consistent quality of service standard across viewing devices.
NAB Show New York emphasizes opportunities to get hands-on with gear. What technologies or workflows will attendees be able to experience at the VisualOn booth (Booth 1616)?
Cai: VisualOn is a streaming solutions provider that optimizes the impact of the video player with years of providing playback innovation for Tier 1 streaming and telco providers worldwide. By optimizing player performance and quality of experience across all devices, VisualOn unlocks the ultimate viewing experience with its complete portfolio of player solutions and ahead-of-the curve playback features.
At the show, we will demonstrate:
- VisualOn Optimizer. An effective way to optimizer your bandwidth usage and reduce content costs while maintaining better or comparable quality.
- VisualOn WatchParty. Allows viewers to enjoy real-time text, audio and video chat while watching online Live or VoD. It changes the way viewer engage with video content. WatchParty ShowTime feature enables operators to offer audiences a customized live dubbing experience via digital, social, mobile, and OTT platforms.
- VisualOn Remote Lab. Remote Lab resolves the pain points of managing disparate devices, teams and content. It’s the industry’s first ultra-low latency testing and debugging suite that can pinpoint and fix video delivery issues remotely. Streaming service providers can ensure a consistent quality of service (QoS) standard across viewing devices.
- 5G MultiStream Sync. MultiStream Sync for 5G has been updated to display multiple synchronized streams on the same device, as well as sync with streams on other devices. Displaying multiple camera angles for live events synchronized with low latency might look easy, but our patent-pending approach features unique stream sync techniques that you can’t find anywhere else.
- Others. With our unrestricted streaming solutions on video player, analytics and monetization, VisualOn powers a successful video streaming experience by providing the optimal impact on viewers.
Which industry trends or technology advances do you expect will change media & entertainment workflows in the next year?
Cai: Operators pay attention to reduce churn and save streaming cost. In the past 20 years, VisualOn contributed to provide easily deployed playback solutions and advanced features to improve viewing experience while saving the streaming cost and effort. “Audience engagement” is one of the most innovative concepts developed these years. Besides the high video performance, audiences are looking for more control of their live streaming experience and expecting new ways to engage with video content. Our MultiStream Sync and WatchParty provide innovative solutions for viewers to interact with the content.
Besides, bandwidth saving is another important topic these days. Year 2021 reached a broadband industry usage milestone, with average monthly usage surpassing half a terabyte for the first time. While video quality is increasing with the adoption of high-resolution and high-framerate video, the volume of video data is also growing, and the cost of bandwidth, CDN transfers and storage associated with video consumption is increasing every year. We launched VisualOn Optimizer this year to save streaming costs and contribute to customer retention.
About Yang Cai
Yang Cai is president and CEO at VisualOn, the most trusted client streaming media solution provider for top media companies worldwide. Yang holds a Ph.D. degree in computer science from The University of Texas at Austin.
VisualOn is a streaming solutions provider that optimizes the impact of the video player with years of providing playback innovation for Tier 1 streaming and telco providers worldwide. By optimizing player performance and quality of experience across all devices, VisualOn unlocks the ultimate viewing experience with its complete portfolio of player solutions and ahead-of-the-curve products. The company’s renowned customer service team deploys, optimizes, and troubleshoots streaming video services to give customers a sustained competitive edge.
VisualOn will be in Booth 1616 at 2022 NAB Show New York.