just:in linux is our enterprise-grade, client-server-based ingest solution for multichannel recording from SDI, HDMI, NDI® or SRT input sources. It unites the power of a macOS client frontend with the scalability of a Linux-based backend.
Seamlessly integrating into the production workflow of any TV station or post-production facility just:in linux captures multiple video sources directly into QuickTime, MXF OP1a, MP4, and AVI containers from SDI, HDMI, NDI®, and SRT input sources with full support for broadcast industry standard codecs. The enterprise-grade client-server approach of the just:in linux appliances fully complies with broadcast infrastructure requirements and is scalable thanks to its powerful and flexible hardware configurations.
The just:in linux back-end servers are equipped with hot-swappable dual power supplies, dual-port 10Gbit network connections, and RAID-enabled HDDs or SSDs running the industry-standard Linux operating system, ensuring that you can capture the media you need and keep your content safe.
- Available as true multi-channel configurations (SD, HD or UHD/UHD2 channels).
- Frame accurate Crash, Schedule as well as Split-While-Recording and Infinite Chunk recording functionality.
- Growing File Support in Adobe Premiere Pro (MOV, MXF), Final Cut Pro (MOV, MXF).
- Multi-camera production support in combination with the, separately available, live:cut option.
- Closed Captioning and SCC Sidecar file support.
- Customizable end-of-recording based on timecode entry and support for external timecode sources.
- Support for post-capture actions using customizable scripts (e.g. FTP upload or MAM connections).
- Support for customizable XML Metadata (XML sidecar files) as well as native QuickTime metadata entries.
- Support for QT, MXF, MP4/MPEG-TS, and AVI (Uncompressed 4:2:2 only) containers.
- Support for Apple ProRes, XDCAM HD422, AVC-I, Avid DNxHD/DNxHR, H.264, Uncompressed 4:2:2 codecs.
- Supported frame rates: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
System Requirements (Client):
- Apple Mac Pro, iMac-Intel, iMac Pro or Mac mini (Intel-Client)
- Apple macOS Catalina (10.15.x), macOS Big Sur (11.x) – (Client)
- Client: 10GbE network interface recommenced for optimal connection to the internal RAID of the just:in linux server appliance
For additional information, please visit:
just:in linux Landing Page: https://www.toolsonair.com/products/ingest/justin-linux/
just:in linux Datasheet:
just:in linux Hardware Sheet:
just:in linux Manuals: https://toolsonair.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TST/pages/1730150503/just+in+linux+5.0
Find your just:in configurator (Channels): https://www.toolsonair.com/products/ingest/identify-your-justin/
just:in linux Tutorial Videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/ToolsonairBroadcastEngineering/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=1Learn more