The Smart Terminal opens the door for broadcasters to operate their own ecosystem of linear and connected TV services directly via satellite. This is a new generation electronic feed mounted on a satellite antenna with an embedded transmitter to provide Connected TV and M2M services. The Smart Terminal is designed to be compatible with existing consumer satellite equipment through its use of open standards such as DVB-S2 and IP transport and is able to work in the Ku or Ka satellite bands.
Target services include: payment transactions, subscription-based and on-demand services, home automation, hybrid broadcast broadband TV (HbbTV), pay-per-view, social networking, live show participation, subscription management and audience measurement. The Smart Terminal provides a narrowband return link, optimized for short transmissions with low duty cycle.
- TX: Ku band 13.75~14.5GHz, Output Power 1W. (Dual polarization depend on requirement)
- TX Power Gain Control
- RX: Ku band 10.7~12.75GHz, Dual polarization
- RX Noise Figure: 1dB
- RX Gain : 55dB
- DVB-S2/S2X Demodulation, F-SIM Modulation,
- Ethernet over Coaxial (EOC) Interface with Power
- Power save modes for selection
- Support External LNB