Remotes Without Limits…
Tieline’s revolutionary new ViA portable remote codec sets a new standard in wireless remote broadcasting and will fundamentally change the way you perform live remotes. Use ViA for a diverse range of live remotes, including mono, dual mono, triple mono, or stereo program plus separate IFB communications (all full duplex). The ViA’s record and playback functionality lets you stream live, record, and play audio files from a single device. Then upload your show as a podcast within minutes of going off the air!
Simply take the codec to the remote site, power it up, and tap a single button to get connected – just like making a phone call. There’s no need for additional outboard gear like mixers, equalizers, compressors, recorders and playback machines – with ViA it is all-in-one and ready to go!
Tieline’s mission is to empower you with the technology to go live where no broadcaster has been before, and make it simpler. The ViA codec delivers 7 IP interface options, making it simpler to go live than ever before.
Connect over IP with dual Ethernet LAN ports, or 2 USB modems, or an internal dual active SIM LTE module, or use built-in Wi-Fi. There’s no need for an external Wi-Fi modem and you can connect to access points in seconds. Stream using a cell-phone Wi-Fi hotspot, or connect to hotels and other public Wi-Fi access points using the integrated web-portal in a snap!
Insert an optional ISDN module and the codec is instantly transformed to connect over alternative network transports. This means you can configure primary and backup connections over different network transports as required, or use them as your IFB circuit.
Stream, Record & Play
Stream live audio and view and manage recordings, create playlists of local and imported files, then control playback routing to encoders and analog and digital outputs. Produce & record your own broadcast quality podcasts to removable media, or upload files directly from the unit via FTP.
Route Any Input To Any Output
ViA delivers the ultimate in flexibility by allowing any input to be routed to any output using the simple touch screen Matrix Router. The codec also supports saving, renaming and loading custom matrices. Customize Cue and Talkback functionality to easily route communications audio locally, or to the studio.
ViA delivers all the flexible transport options you would expect from a professional codec. Select wired or wireless IP options, or connect over ISDN. Mono, Stereo, Stereo plus Mono, and triple mono connection options available.
Power On The GO!
A rechargeable Lithium-ion smart battery delivers up to 6.5 hours* of broadcast time. Extend battery performance with features such as screen sleep time-out, screen brightness controls, plus automatic low battery power saving measures.
The color touch screen has menus designed to provide a familiar and intuitive user experience, similar to using a smartphone. Navigate and configure settings with the touch screen, or use front panel navigation buttons – the choice is yours. Adaptive light-sensor controls ensure the screen is readable in even the toughest light conditions.
Fuse-IP and SmartStream PLUS
With Tieline’s proprietary Fuse-IP data aggregation technology you can bond multiple IP interfaces. ViA also includes Tieline’s SmartStream PLUS dual redundant streaming software, which has set the benchmark for redundant IP streaming over the public internet. Tieline supports up to 3 redundant streams with each primary audio stream.Some manufacturers charge thousands of dollars for IP management software like SmartStream PLUS as an optional extra, however Tieline believes high performance and rock-solid reliability is an essential part of each and every broadcast, so you get it for FREE!
It is interoperable with all Tieline IP codecs and compatible over SIP with all EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326, 3347 and 3368 compliant codecs and devices like those from Comrex, Telos, and many more.
- Dual Mono, Triple Mono, or Full duplex stereo program plus separate full duplex IFB communications
- 5 input digital mixer and configurable matrix router (3 x XLR inputs, plus stereo analog line in, or stereo digital in/out)
- Built-in dual band Wi-Fi with integrated web portal
- Up to 7 IP interfaces using dual LAN & USB ports, built-in Wi-Fi & Dual Active SIM LTE modules
- Optional ISDN module.
- Schedule, dial, manage & hangup connections automatically
- Adjustable input EQ & compression, plus IGC and AGC limiting
- 6.5 hours of power with one internal battery
- Restrict user access to settings with Admin & Basic modes
- Stream high fidelity audio using 24bit, 96kHz linear audio, Opus, Tieline Music or MusicPLUS, LC-AAC and HE-AAC v.1 and v.2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, aptX® Enhanced, MPEG Layer 2, G.711 and G.722.
- Remotely control and configure ViA from anywhere with an internet connection using the HTML5 ToolBox web browser GUI or try Tieline’s Cloud Codec Controller.
- More features added free in progressive updates.