ARRI Signature Primes are designed to work with large format and Super 35 digital cinema cameras. While Signature Primes exemplify state-of-the-art optical precision, they have been designed to render organic, emotionally engaging images, gently softening and texturizing the large format with natural skin tones and creamy bokeh. A fast maximum aperture of T1.8 facilitates shallow depth of field and the smooth focus fall-off gives subjects heightened presence in the frame.
These lenses are fitted with the ARRI LPL mount, optimized for large-format sensors. A wider diameter and shorter flange focal depth allows the ARRI Signature Prime lenses and all future large-format optics to be small and lightweight, with a fast T-stop and pleasing bokeh. This combination of features would not be possible within the confines of the typical PL lens mount.
The ARRI Signature Prime range is the first cine lens series to feature machined magnesium lens barrels, making the optics incredibly lightweight and robust. They are also the first to incorporate ARRI’s next-generation LDS-2 Lens Data System, with high data rates and absolute encoders for fast initializing. LDS-2 extends the possibilities of lens data and is being licensed to other lens and camera manufacturers.
- Exceptional resolution, with natural skin tones and creamy bokeh
- Future-proof telecentric optical design results in better contrast, skin rendition, and flare behavior
- Next-generation LDS-2 Lens Data System with 10x precision of original LDS (1 Mbps vs 115 Kbps)
- Excellent optical performance across the whole aperture range from T1.8 to T22
- Lens range from 12mm to 280mm
- Magnesium construction makes each lens ~2 lb lighter than Master Prime (on average), at comparable overall size
- Uniform positions of iris and focus gears
- Universal net holder & magnetic positioning system
- LPL Mount