The MD8000 media over IP transport system delivers high-performance, professional media signals across IP networks. As the workhorse of the MD Series, the MD8000 packetizes and adapts media signals from their native formats (SDI, compressed, and asynchronous) into IP packet flows that can be routed through high-speed networks.
The MD8000 suite of products is an adaptable, affordable and flexible solution for transporting uncompressed or compressed 4K, 3G, HD-SDI, SD-SDI and DVB-ASI video protocols. It readily adapts to a wide range of core network technologies, which make the MD8000 system the idea deal choice for current and future media networking needs of broadcasters, telecoms and enterprises.
It also offers guaranteed Quality of Service due to its robust redundancy with a hitless operation, low-latency, bi-directional operation, and ability to operate with a variety of compression schemes.
Media Links is helping to bridge the gap between traditional broadcast and IP transport of content. Operating as a pioneer at the forefront of technological innovations and advancements, Media Links provides a standards-based product suite that enables the adoption of media signals to telecom standards.
Applications & Use Cases:
- Tiered high-speed IP transport networking with full protection
- High speed / high reliability file transfers
- Low latency remote / at-home production
- 100GbE switch internet
- Large scale sporting events that require high Quality of Service (QoS) and guaranteed delivery solutions
- Media Applications that have both traditional and IP based requirements that require common platforms and interchange solutions
- Multi-vendor environments with standards based protocols.
- Broadcast studios transitioning from traditional fixed wireline based technologies need to transition to next generation of switched IP solutions to be workflow compliant
- Carrier Class Media Networks
- High Performance Studio Interconnects
- Flawless Contribution Video Transport
- Reliable Content Delivery System
- Integrated Live, Recorded and File-Based Communications
- Multi-point service distribution
The MD8000 platform supports three chassis sizes (2RU, 4RU, 7RU), whereby all trunk and line modules, including power supplies are “hot-swappable.” The MD8000 system is scalable and modular, thus the configuration of the system is matched to the demands of a specific event, production, or content delivery requirement.
Two trunk cards to accommodate LAN or WAN infrastructure are available. A full-lineup of line cards covering the following technology requirements are available: 4K/UHD, H.264, 1G/10G MXG Media Exchange, HDBaseT, JPEG and JPEG-2000 Universal video, hitless data and more.