Formo-SAR：Synthetic-Aperture Radar (Tron Future Tech Inc.)
- Tron Future Tech Inc. continuously delivers world’s thinnest all-digital phased array systems. To create such systems, we have thoroughly studied and tested fundamental principles to make breakthroughs in III/V or CMOS ASIC/SoC, antenna, packaging, cooling, DSP, digital array system, data processing, computer architecture, language compiler, information architecture, production testing methods etc. Making high-end phased arrays in thin form factor allows Tron Future Tech Inc. to create never-imagined applications for diverse industries.
- Formo-SAR is a 5m x 1m satellite synthetic aperture radar. It is composed of 5 synchronized phased array antennas each with an 1m x 1m aperture size. Its total weight is about 175kg excluding the spreading mechanism. Formo-SAR has 20,480 antennas, operates in the X-band, transmits a peak 5kW RF power (~100MW EIRP) at 5%-10% duty cycle with less than 4000W average DC power consumption. It operates in low earth orbit and circles the earth every 90 minutes. It achieves High Resolution (<1m) Wide Swath (~500km) through four digital multibeam. It is an all-weather active remote sensing system commonly used for environmental and disaster observation.
- Carrier Frequency : 9.65 GHz (X-band)
- Size : 5m (along-track) x 1m x 0.1m
- Mass : 175 kg
- PRF : 500 – 15k Hz
- Chirp Bandwidth : 6 MHz ~ 430 MHz (Selectable)
- Peak Radiated Power : 5120 W
- Polarization : Single: HH, VVDual: HH/HV, VV/VH
- Power Consumption : < 5000W
- Power Input (Primary/Redundant) : DC: 50 ~ 67 V (Isolated)
- Control and Telemetry Interface (Primary/Redundant) : UART (RS422)
- Image Data Interface (Primary/Redundant) : SerDes (Aurora)
- Radiation : TID > 15 krad (Si)