The Brutus™ GPU: TELCO is a real time multichannel device that is able to transcode streams into bit rates and protocols that are best suited for the targeted viewing devices. It is designed to be scalable, easily adaptable, customizable, and field upgradeable to meet the needs of broadband network operators who are now more than comfortable with Linux® based appliances. We have also optimized the transcode engine to get the best possible efficiency from each core.
The Brutus GPU: TELCO is an H.264 or H.265 transcoder or transcaler based on JETSON GPU’s. It receives transport streams several ways and transcodes them to H.264 or H.265, and outputs them to an IP network. Resulting streams can be viewed with standard transport stream, compatible set-top boxes, streaming devices, smart phones, or software clients such as VLC or JW Player. The Brutus GPU: TELCO receives transport streams, demultiplexes the requested channels and streams these channels using UDP, RTP, RTMP, adaptive, or HTTP via IP networks as either IP multicast or IP unicast streams.
The system transcodes individual streams into H.264 or H.265 format up to a maximum individual bitrate of 30 Mbps. Depending on the configuration, it forwards selected programs via IP datacasting; PAT, PMT, video PID, audio PID(s) and PCR information are transmitted. The Brutus GPU: TELCO selects all required PIDs and multiplexes the demultiplexed transport stream packets into IP packets. The unit supports PID filtering of all unwanted traffic, increasing system performance and the number of channels which can be transmitted per unit. Programs typically are forwarded (pushed) as transport stream packets via UDP or as RTP (real time protocol) payload (RFC 2250). Pushing can be either unicast or multicast. In addition to push, programs can be forwarded on request (pulled) using HTTP, HLS, RTMP, DASH, etc. The Brutus GPU is a very powerful multi-channel transcoder designed for large scale enterprise level deployments.
- Telco Quality, Highly Reliable, 1 RU, 19 Inch Wide, Multi Definition, Multichannel IP Transcoder and or Re Streamer (up to 4K), with Ability to Transcode up to 320 Streams from MPEG-2 to H.264 or H.265.
- Based on standard Linux®.
- It Boots Quickly from Flash Drive and Remembers all Settings.
- Can Report its Status to Remote Network Operations.
- Typical Real Time Transcodes Benchmarks: up to 300 SD Streams, or up 120ea 720p60 Streams, or 80ea 1080p/i Streams.
- Ships with 4 Gig E Ports or dual 10 GiG Ports. GPU: TELCO
- Supports Flash, HLS, RTMP, HTTP, Streaming and Works well with Atlas™, Wowza®, and Adobe® Flash® Servers
- Ideal Device for Creating Low, Medium, and High Bit Rate Streams Inside ISP’s and CDN’s.
- Can be configured with 2, 4, 6 or 8 GPU’s.
Physical & Power
- Size:17” h x 21” w x 1.7” d (438 x 525 x 44 mm)
- Voltage: AC 90V-264V
- Total Output Power: 300W Redundant
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (0° to 104°F)
- Non-Operating Temperature: -20° to 70° C (-4° to 158° F)
- Humidity: Operating: 5% to 90% (non-condensing) Non-operating: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
- Weight: 33 lbs (15 kg)
- Conformities: UL,CE, RoHS, FCC, Class A