The ASI6788 is our top of the line professional Low Profile PCI Express sound card designed for use in radio broadcast automation, studio systems and anywhere you need high capacity, professional quality input and output in a compact package.
Providing 8 or 24 play streams that are mixed to 8 balanced stereo outputs and 8 record streams fed from 8 balanced stereo inputs, the ASI6788 features AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere” mixing and routing.
The ASI6788 provides both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
ASI6788 functionality includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology which allows streams of different sample-rates and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
For surround sound applications, SSX2 mode allows multichannel streams of up to 8 channels to be played, recorded and mixed.
- 8 or 24 stereo/mono streams of playback into 8 stereo outputs
- 8 or 16 stereo/mono streams of record from 8 stereo inputs
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX technology supports mixing of multiple formats and rates
- TSX time scaling by up to +/-20%
- SSX2 mode for multichannel record, playback and mixing
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB DNR and 0.0015% THD+N
- AES/EBU I/O with sample rate converters on all inputs
- Dedicated AES/EBU and Word clock Sync input
- Low profile short length PCI(e) card format (6.6 inches/168mm)
- Up to 8 cards in one system
- Windows and Linux software drivers available