AB512 – World’s only wireless system with 7 msec sub frame delay
The ABonAir AB512™ wireless video system enables camera teams to transmit video directly from cameras to media centers or OB trucks wirelessly.
It is the only wireless video system that performs true video encoding and decoding processes and yet has a remarkable 7 msec delay only! This low delay enables the production director of multi-camera and live shows to be assured of the smooth operation of different cameras without worrying of any lip-sync.
Built on a bi-directional radio channel between transmitter and receiver, ABonAir’s systems acknowledge the correct acceptance of each group of pixels, thus providing exceptionally robust and reliable transmission.
The System supports an embedded and integrated intercom for communication between the cameraman and the director on the same RF channel as the video content. The AB512™ does not require an additional RF channel allocation for the intercom or additional equipment support. This reduces cost, setup time and frequency usage.
The AB512 is ideal for single zone coverage of up to 3 miles / 2 km or a multi-zone, based on ABonAir’s unique zone coverage topology that saves both operational and infrastructure costs.
The AB512 supports ABonAir’s NAB 2019 award-winning Teleprompter and Video Return system.
• Sub-frame delay of 7 msec for live event coverage and multi-camera production
• High-picture quality (+52dB PSNR): With H.264 CODEC technology
• Superior coverage utilizing MIMO and fiber-based antenna
• Full resolution supports: 4Kp60, 4Kp50, 1080p60, 1080i60, 1080p50, 1080i50
• Single-zone and multi-zone upgradable Fiber Coverage Extender (FCE) support.
• Seamless roaming from one coverage zone to another without losing a pixel!
• Supports Sony, Panasonic, Ikegami, Grass Valley and Hitachi Camera Control Units (CCU/RCP) and PTZ
• Upgradable Intercom and IFB using the same RF channel
• Wide coverage distance: up to 2 miles
• Unlicensed frequency
• Bi-directional radio with per pixel acknowledgmentLearn more