#GALSNGEAR is teaming with the National Association of Broadcasters to host an in-person Women’s Leadership Summit and other content and networking events at the 2022 NAB Show, running April 23-27 in Las Vegas, Nevada. #GALSNGEAR works to ensure women in media, entertainment and technology gain visibility and facilitates high-level learning and networking opportunities at industry events.
The one-day summit, to be held on Tuesday, April 26, will be preceded by a panel on Sunday, April 24, Omniverse Meets Multiverse: Remote Workflows, Creative Results, featuring #GALSNGEAR founder Amy DeLouise alongside Marvel’s Lauralea Otis and NVIDIA’s Sepi Motamedi.
“We’re proud of our strong partnership with NAB since 2016 and so grateful to our sponsors. #GALSNGEAR events have resulted in more women sharing their industry expertise on stages, and in more learning and networking opportunities for participants,” DeLouise said.
“NAB is honored to support #GALSNGEAR in its efforts to promote more opportunities and better visibility for women working in the content lifecycle,” said April Carty-Sipp, NAB executive vice president of Industry Affairs. “As the premier destination for media, entertainment and technology professionals, NAB Show provides the ideal platform for the Women’s Leadership Summit and will enable attendees to learn new skills, hear from top influencers in the industry and grow their networks.”
The full Women’s Leadership Summit lineup is shown below. The Sunday session is open to all NAB Show attendees; a summit conference registration is required for all other panels and events.
SUNDAY April 24: Omniverse Meets Multiverse: Remote Workflows, Creative Results
Panelists: Lauralea Otis, Production Technology Manager, MARVEL and Sepi Motamedi, Global Broadcast Industry Marketing Lead, NVIDIA; Moderator: Amy DeLouise, Founder, #GALSNGEAR
As an open-to-all preview to the Tuesday Summit, #GALSNGEAR will delve into innovations in remote workflows that are changing creative vision and results. Following the session, speakers, fellow #GALSNGEAR members and peers will be on hand for a networking mixer sponsored by NVIDIA and DELL on the NAB Show floor.
TUESDAY April 26: #GALSNGEAR Women’s Leadership Summit
- 10-10:30 a.m. Coffee|Networking sponsored by Blackmagic Design
- 10:30-12 p.m. Launch Your Leadership Journey with Ellyn McKay, CEO Vision
- 12-1:00 p.m. Connect Break| Headset Wellbeing Experience courtesy of Thrive360 and Women in Streaming Media
- 1-2:15 p.m. Build Authority, Platform and Power with Eva Jannotta, Medusa Media Group
- 2:30-3:00 p.m. Connect Break | Professional Headshots sponsored by Platform Communications; Snacks sponsored by DELL & NVIDIA
- 3-4:00 p.m. Panel: Media & Entertainment Trends & Strategies
Panelists include Ginger Hudson, senior director, Technical Management, Edgecast; Katie Fellion, founder, Light Iron; DeShuna Spencer, CEO, kweliTV; Janice Gin, news director, KITV (ABC) Honolulu; and Alicia Pritchett, president, Women in Streaming Media; Moderated by Dina Ibrahim, executive director, The CSU Entertainment Alliance and professor of Broadcast & Electronic Communication Arts, San Francisco State
- 4-5:00 p.m. Next Steps: Power Up Your Leadership Journey
Boost your opportunities for networking and high-level learning, and register today for the 2022 NAB Show!
NAB Show 2022 offers a reimagined experience that aligns with the content life cycle: Create, Connect and Capitalize, along with an Intelligent Content showcase illustrating the increasingly important role of data, AI and automation in current and future media workflows. Learn everything NAB Show 2022 has to offer, and how you can maximize your participation in one of the year’s biggest events!
- Learn How to “Think Like a Freak” at the 2022 NAB Show
- How the 2022 NAB Show Will Transform Your Networking and Show Floor Experiences
- Learn Cinematic Techniques from Industry Pros at NAB Show 2022
- Nominations Are Open for Product of the Year Awards
- Solve Industry Challenges, Meet New Colleagues at NAB Show’s Networking Series, NABiQ